Backpack Versus Messenger Bag- Which Is Better And Safer For You? February 19, 2021 08:00
Which bag design should you choose to carry your office essentials like laptops and notebooks? You will find two common options for this purpose. Some of us use messenger bags while others prefer backpacks. Reliable corporate gifting companies have a collection of both these bags. But, which is the better one for your needs? Backpacks look different from messenger bags. Still, both are highly functional and have capacity to carry your laptop and other items safely.
We have helped you to make the right decision and purchase the right one. You may buy the best messenger bags and backpacks and customize them with your brand name.
Know about the basics of messenger bags-
Messenger bags are classic models with sturdy handles and cross-body straps. The introduction of messenger bags has replaced bulky briefcases. In the past, bike couriers and mail carriers used to carry satchels. Messenger bags are named after them. The major difference is that messenger bags can easily accommodate laptops, folders, papers and tabs. Users feel comfortable in carrying their personal stuff with these messenger bags. Moreover, they can access the essentials by opening the bag without any hassle.
Most of the messenger bags have a single strap, and you easily swing the bag around you to take it to the front side. You can take anything out of the bag for your needs.
Who uses messenger bags?
The custom printed messenger bag designs have attracted the attention of different professionals. Doctors, teachers, lawyers, and office goers like to use these bags.
Nowadays, most of the office workers need to carry laptops every day. As messenger bags have a rectangular design, they can easily hold your laptops. Moreover, you can put your books and other items into the bag without the risk of squishing them.
Style and designs of messenger bags-
Messenger bags are available in different designs, and you may use the strap in both over-the shoulder and cross-body style. You do not need to carry a handbag, as your messenger bags will hold your things. While some messenger bags have zippered designs, others have metal buckles at the front side. You will also find convertible messenger backpacks, which have versatile models.
Pros of messenger bags-
Messenger bags provide you with a professional look. That’s why both men and women prefer using these bags.
- With any casual and formal attire, these messenger bags ensure a perfect look. As you do not need to take the bag on your back, you will not feel sweaty.
- Although manufacturers have designed the messengers for office workers, you may use the bag for different purposes.
- There are some specially designed messenger bags to carry disc golf bags and camera bags.
- The branded messenger bags are made of water-resistant fabrics.
- Cross-body style messenger bags are the right options when you carry some valuable items.
Cons of messenger bags-
- Some messenger bags do not have multiple compartments. However, you may need to carry different office items, including laptops.
- As you have to carry your messenger bags one side of the shoulder, you will feel the load. The regular use of highly loaded messengers may result in shoulder aches.
Know about backpacks-
Backpacks are now trendy options not only for backpackers but also for the working professionals. Integrated with two straps, these backpacks are easy to carry ensure hands-free movement. It is safe to put your laptop into the backpack. You may also customize your backpacks and use them as your corporate gifts. The custom designed backpack brand names and logos will be the best marketing tool. Your customers will get value from your promotional backpacks.
Who uses backpacks?
In the past, backpack designs had been highly popular among students who used to carry books. However, backpacks are the most functional bags for daily commuters, travelers, hikers, campers, and office workers. Although backpacks have a special design for carrying laptops, they are useful for holding several items. They have a spacious design accommodating your personal items.
Backpack styles and designs-
Backpacks are available in a range of styles, and we can choose the right one based on our purposes. Nowadays, manufacturers design small and stylish backpack models for women. Moreover, there are promotional cinch bags with a drawstring. Although they are drawstring bags, you can carry them in a backpack style.
There are several other types of backpacks. For instance, day pack is a small backpack version used by hikers. It has pockets and slots to carry your daily essentials. Overnight backpacks are different from travelling backpacks with more pockets and compartments. The workers’ backpacks have minimalistic designs, though they hold lots of items.
Hydration backpacks are the perfect options for adventurers. The hydration backpack capacity ranges from 2 to 10 liters, and it indicates the space consumed by the hydration reservoir. You have to fit it snugly to reduce movement. Another available design is the mountaineering backpack designed for mountaineers, who need to carry helmets, shoes, and other gears.
Pros of backpacks-
- Backpacks are highly spacious and hold more items than that of messenger bags.
- You will not feel the load, as they have ergonomic handles.
- Backpacks are best when you are on a long trip and you need to carry heavy books. The presence of two straps adds ergonomic value to the bag.
- Some backpacks have a laptop sleeve keeping your electronic device safe with the padded design. Moreover, your laptop will be safe from impacts.
- High quality backpacks are durable and can last long.
- Some models have bottle holders, pen holders and mesh pockets to store small items, like newspapers.
- The bigger backpacks have a wheeled-design making it easy to move them without effort.
Cons of backpack-
- Some users feel that backpacks have a bulky design, and they look for a compact model.
- When you do not need to carry laptops, messenger bags may be the better choice.
- As backpacks have diversity in designs, you may not get a high value from investing in one bag. For instance, a backpack for workers will not be best for travelers.